Sunday, November 4, 2007

liberalism

I would like to start off by saying that I was not emotionally stable for the first part of the week and so my attention to class was minimal. As the reasons for my instability had nothing to do with the class I will not go into detail about it, but I am overcoming it. And for that reason this reflection blog will not be very long this week.

So for the discussion this week on embedded versus dis-embedded liberalism I was very confused. The entire discussion did not make much sense with how circular the discussion seemed to be going. However, with the class simulation we did with the fake candy market, my understanding of the two became much more clear. It was very interesting to note that even though there were two different markets represented the groups tended to act in similar ways. The only difference seemed to be that in the first one, there was rules and regulations and the second part had no rules. The majority of the groups did not seem to care about the regulations in the first part and then as there were none in the second part, there was little to no trading going on.

No comments: