Saturday, October 6, 2007

Encounter Point

Truthfully, the last week has been a bit stressful for me, mostly because of the simulation. I felt that the groups were a little too big so it was hard to find times that we could all meet. Also, the topic did not seem clearly defined to me, and even after we have completed the project, it seems that groups used different facts about the same bill which makes the project more confusing. It was difficult to find information, even with the help of the reference librarian, because the topic is not of much relevance now, at least not compared to other issues.
I enjoyed the filming and more creative aspect, but feel that I could have been more passionate about the project if the topic was not so business and economics orientated. ( I know that is also part of International Relations, but it was a little hard to understand the ideas presented without previous knowledge. )

I went to see a documentary this week called "Encounter Point" and found it very interesting. It tells the story of Palestinians and Israelis, those with deaths in the family because of the conflict, who work together, risking their lives, to create new understandings between the cultures. I would recommend this documentary for anyone who is interested in the Middle East, specifically Israel/Palestine, or if you are especially interested in Peace and Conflict Resolution. It is a very moving personal story as well.

No comments: