Monday, October 8, 2007

reflection week of 10/1-10/7

Well I thought this week was pretty good. I had fun filming the video and doing the simulation, even if a small part of the production did get deleted by imovie (curse you, apple). I really enjoyed watching the other groups' movies. The fact that downtown DC is in our backyard certains adds a certain professionalism to the projects. It is just cool to be able to shoot the capital building into your standard class project. In regards to the actual class discussion, I wish we would have had more time for debate. It seemed that by the time each group had shown their respective videos and given their "rebuttals" there was no time left. I think it would have been far more effective to have a sort of "open floor" system where we could bounce ideas off each other in order to reach consensus or at least have some dialouge within groups. Without that opportunity it really didn't carry out it's potential.

I found Tuesday's discussion about Bretton Woods and the IMF to be rather boring. I know it is an important system to understand but it all seems a bit confusing. I will admit that it is probably better than talking about aliens but still I found myself more disengaged than normal. Maybe it was the fact that we were repping constructivism, a philosophy that seems the most abstract and hard to fully grasp ( I don't think I am alone in this view).

Sunday's discussion/pizza social generated some good discussion. We should do that type of thing more often. Preferably when there is no playoff baseball to distract certain people :)

No comments: